Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
My weight loss group loved this lasagna version.
Make and share this Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) package whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (skinless)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups fresh spinach (picked and cleaned)
- 2 cups par-boiled sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (I like mine lightly sauteed)
- 24 ounces of your favorite brand marinara sauce
- 12 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 24 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles per package instructions.
- Sauté onions in a little olive oil, until translucent, then add mushrooms and garlic until mushrooms are lightly cooked.
- Next, layer casserole dish with marinara sauce, noodles, veggies (including mushroom mixture), 1/2 of the cottage cheese, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese.
- Repeat steps for second layer.
- Finish with remaining lasagna noodles, marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for about an hour.
- Let rest for 15-30 minutes and serve.