Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have tweeked this recipe just a little but its better now. Its nice with crusty bread.
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 26 ounces tomato and basil pasta sauce, low-fat
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained, chopped bottled
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese, reduced-fat
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce, reduced-fat
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded part-skim, divided
- chopped basil (optional)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray, place over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce, artichokes and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread 1 cup sauce over bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Layer 3 noodles over sauce.
- Combine ricotta cheese and pesto; spoon over noodles.
- Top with 1 cup sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layering with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover; continue baking 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving; garnish with basil, if desired.
Extremely tasty! I used a rotisserie chicken from the deli at the market instead of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Delicious! Thanks Dancer.