Recipe by mande237
There is only one word to describe this pie and it is delicious. I came across this recipe for chicken and vegetable pie on the internet, i made a few alterations and my family and friends absolutely loved it.
Top Review by Sonya01
this was a very yummy pie filling. I used my pie maker to make the pies not the pie shell. I think it would have made about 2 pies though. It made 10 pies with about enought mix to make about 4 more but i froze it.
- 250 g chicken breasts, diced
- 125 g brush potatoes
- 125 g sweet potatoes
- 125 g Japanese pumpkin
- 125 g carrots
- 3⁄4 cup peas
- 1⁄2 liter chicken stock
- 1⁄2 brown onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons keens curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice all vegeatbles.
- Using a large saucepan, bring potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, onions and peas to boil in stock.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- In a fry pan heat the oil. Add onions and cook until tender. Add flour and curry powder to onions and stir through.
- Add the onion mixture to the pot of vegetables and stir through. Mixture will start to thicken. Add chicken to pot and mix well.
- Place mixture into pie case and cover with puff pastry. Glaze with milk and egg mixture to make it brown and crispy.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.