Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A light, yet hearty dish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs chicken cutlets, in 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces corn kernels
- Heat oil in large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and chicken; cook 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, chopped chipotles and adobo sauce; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add broth and salt. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mash 1 can cannellini beans. Add all the beans and corn to pot. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.