Great tasting casserole. Makes a mess, but it's worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces broccoli florets (2 cups) or 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (2 cups)
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package puff pastry or 1 (10 ounce) package crescent roll dough, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled & cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 lbs)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1In medium saucepan, combine broccoli, beans, corn, and celery, and add enough water to cover the vegetables (if using spinach instead of broccoli: cook seperately according to package directions so you can squeeze out the excess water; then combine with other veggies).
- 2Cover pan, and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until vegetables are tender-crisp (8 minutes).
- 4Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry out to a 12"x8" rectangle.
- 7Bake for 11-15 minutes on ungreased baking sheet; then set aside.
- 8Thin the cheese soup by mixing it with the milk.
- 9In large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 10Sauté chicken, garlic, onion, and mushrooms until onion and mushrooms are tender, stirring constantly (5 minutes).
- 11Stir in flour and seasonings, mixing well.
- 12Slowly pour in the chicken stock and cheese soup.
- 13Cook until mixture begins to boil.
- 14Cook 1 minute longer, stirring constantly.
- 15Stir in vegetables; cook until heated through.
- 16Pour mixture into 12"x8" casserole dish.
- 17Layer sliced cheese on top.
- 18Top with hot puff pastry.
- 19Bake until top is golden-brown (5 minutes).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Vegetable Casserole With Puff Pastry (Pot Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.9
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 1265.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 29.3 g