Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 chicken breasts, halved
- 4 carrots, quartered
- 1 cup white pearl onion
- 2 stalks celery, large pieces
- 2 potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage, Ground
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Heat a medium size non stick skillet over low heat; spray lightly with vegetable spray.
- Add chicken and cook quickly until browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken to a medium size shallow casserole.
- Add vegetables to casserole.
- In a small bowl combine broth, soup milk, thyme, sage and bay leaf; pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake, covered 1 hour or until vegetables and chicken are tender.
Very good. I, as with others, used regular onions. I also omitted the celery. Personal preference.
Loved this recipe - Instead of 2 cups of broth, mushroom soup & skim milk I used a new low sodium sauce (Cream of Chicken). Wonderful flavour and aroma while it is baking..I couldn't find any pearl onions so I used a whole onion quartered. Use only 2 breasts but the whole sauce. I have saved the leftover sauce for another recipe. This recipe will be made again Made again 28Feb2010 Used pearl onions and I cut up the breasts We loved it and I love doing it ahead and just popping it in the over 45 minutes before dinner.
This recipe was a little bland, I felt that it needed some salt and pepper. Otherwise Okay.