Recipe by Loves2Teach
Mouth watering and waist whittling meal in a pot. Good to eat and good for you. This quick chicken and vegetable casserole has five vegetables. Add any green salad.
Top Tweak by DeeDee
This easy recipe really was tasty. I substituted carrots for the squash and added them with the potatoes. I also took the chicken out before the vegetables finished cooking so it wouldn't dry out. My husband loved the flavour too.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, preferably canola oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb small red potato, unpeeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 lb white pearl onion, peeled (about 16)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, crushed
- 8 ounces yellow squash, sliced about 2 cups
- 4 ounces small whole mushrooms, about 1 cup
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok or Dutch oven.
- Add chicken and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, turning chicken until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Add potatoes, wine, ¼ cup water and rosemary to wok.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add squash, mushrooms and red bell pepper, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook another 10 minutes to reduce pan juices.