1/1 Photo of Chicken and Vegetable Burger Patties
This was a recipe I came up with when I started trying to lose weight with Sure Slim. It uses Cruskit crispbreads or crackers and follows the "rules" of the diet. Cruskits are those revolting puffed crispbreads that you buy thinking that you are being good but then don't eat. I found that they make an excellent binder for burgers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the Cruskits in the food processor and grind to a fine breadcrumb consistency. Tip the crumbs into a bowl.
- 2Put the rest of the ingredients except the chicken into the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- 3Note: Resist the temptation to do the Cruskits and vegetables together. You'll end up with a gluggy mess that is difficult to get out of the food processor.
- 4Add the chicken and vegetables to the crumbs and mix together quickly. The crumbs absorb the liquid and become sticky so the quicker you can work, the easier it is to combine everything evenly. I get into it with my hands.
- 5Divide into 4 large patties or 8 small ones, about 1.5 to 2 cm thick. Grill for 7 minutes on each side.
- 6Serve in a pita bread with lettuce and tomato or serve as a main dish with vegetables.
- 7These patties can also be baked in a hot oven. I also make them into meatballs and bake them then freeze them. They can be added to stock and bok choy for a very quick meal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Vegetable Burger Patties
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.0
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.0 mg
- Sodium 627.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: