Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Super simple and tasty...minimal prep time. This came from Fix it and Forget it Litely...A compilation of crockpot cooker recipes. I used the garlic powder liberally, and did not limit it to the 1 tsp. listed in the original recipe. I also used a 6 qt. crockpot and only made 1/2 a recipe so it took less than the 4 hours when cooked on the high setting. If you are halving the recipe, I still recommend using the entire amount of potatoes and vege's!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- black pepper, to taste
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 453.59 g bottle fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 (850.48 g) canwhole potatoes, drained
- 453.59 g frozen italian vegetables or 453.59 g green beans
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and garlic powder.
- Put chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour half of the dressing over meat, making sure all pieces are glazed.
- Add potatoes, vege's and water chestnuts.
- Pour remaining dressing over them, making sure vege's are all lightly coated.
- Cook on high 4 hrs or on low 7-8 hours.
gorgeously simple too make and eat. was a big hit amongst my kids ( 11,12 & 7 ), especially my boys who are often quite picky about the vegies they will and won't eat. They have both requested that they help me make it next time it comes up on our dinner roster . thanks for sharing
I enjoyed the ease and carefree cooking of this recipe, but even more the wonderful flavor and moist chicken. Recipe was made exactly as above and quite delicious as is.
For a quick and soo easy recipe this was fantastic!! I must say I was a bit concerned that when I got home I would be feeling like I was eating a salad using salad dressing. But the flavor!And the moisture! I used frozen breasts and fresh potatoes. I didn't add the vegies because I didn't have any that I wanted to use. I just threw the frozen breast in the crock with the potaoes, seasoned just like you said then poured on the fat free italian dressing. I will definately be making this on a regular basis. o more died out chicken breasts for me when this is so easy. Thank you.