Recipe by Laura36
Super simple and tasty...minimal prep time. This came from Fix it and Forget it Litely...A compilation of crockpot cooker recipes. I used the garlic powder liberally, and did not limit it to the 1 tsp. listed in the original recipe. I also used a 6 qt. crockpot and only made 1/2 a recipe so it took less than the 4 hours when cooked on the high setting. If you are halving the recipe, I still recommend using the entire amount of potatoes and vege's!
Top Review by Tanika Amaranth
gorgeously simple too make and eat. was a big hit amongst my kids ( 11,12 & 7 ), especially my boys who are often quite picky about the vegies they will and won't eat. They have both requested that they help me make it next time it comes up on our dinner roster . thanks for sharing
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 (15 ounce) canswhole potatoes, drained
- 1 lb frozen italian vegetables or 1 lb green beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and garlic powder.
- Put chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour half of the dressing over meat, making sure all pieces are glazed.
- Add potatoes, vege's and water chestnuts.
- Pour remaining dressing over them, making sure vege's are all lightly coated.
- Cook on high 4 hrs or on low 7-8 hours.