A quick stir-fry for a weeknight meal. Serve with boiled or steamed rice or rice noodles. Serves 4. You really can use any sauce of your choice. Written here with soy and honey. Also great with oyster and fish sauces, purchased bottled sauces. Gluten-free if you use gluten-free sauces To cook rice noodles- place them in a large bowl. Add oiling water and coverfor 5 minutes. Drain before serving or stir-frying. You can also vary the vegetable and use whatever is in season- onions, bellpeppers, mushrooms, sweet baby corn, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, snowpeas, bean shoots, bamboo stalks, bok choy, choy sum
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 small chili pepper, seeds removed and cut finely (can use dried chili flakes at a pinch)
- 4 small chicken breast fillets, slice into thin strips
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into thin pieces (red sweet bell pepper)
- 6 spring onions, sliced on an angle
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 1/2 small Chinese cabbage, shredded (wombok)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1Heat a wok or large frypan. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and the chicken. Stir-fry quickly until evenly browned. Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside.
- 2Heat wok. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, the crushed garlic, ginger and chilli.Cook one minute.
- 3Add all of the vegetables (except the cabbage) to the wok. Stir-fry for a few minutes. Return the chicken to the wok. Add the soy sauce, honey and water/stock. Bring to the boil. Cover and Cook approx 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- 4Add the cabbage and stir-fry another couple of minutes, until the cabbage is wilted down and cooked.
- 5Serve boiled rice or cooked rice noodles. Sprinkle over the cashews to serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Vege Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.8
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1132.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets