Recipe by Bungy
Very simple Laksa adapted from a friend's menu plan. Not too hot, but if you like it spicy add some finely chopped red chilli. I have added extra veggies in this - the original had just broccolini and red capsicum. Soy sauce can be substituted for fish sauce if wanted, and prawns or tofu for a variation on chicken.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass (fresh or tube)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped finely
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 bunch Broccolini
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 carrot, sliced into fine strips
- 1 cup snow peas
- 125 g rice vermicelli
- 500 g chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 (375 ml) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak vermicelli in hot water until soft. Drain, set aside in individual bowls.
- Put oil in large saucepan and place over medium heat and cook onion until soft.
- Add lemongrass, ginger, garlic and chilli sauce and cook for 30 sec.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Add vegies and chicken and simmer uncovered for 2 mins or until chicken is cooked.
- Stir in coconut milk and fish sauce and heat gently till warm. Do Not Boil.
- Pour over noodles and garnish with coriander.