Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool and refreshing summer salad.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, ends removed, cut in half horizontally
- 1⁄2 lb fresh wax bean, ends removed, cut in half horizontally
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 cup sliced radish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh curly-leaf parsley
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil; add the beans.
- Cook 4-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold water to stop the cooking and set their color.
- Add the chicken, beans, celery, onion, and radishes to a large bowl.
- To make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, salt, and pepper together.
- Whisk in the sour cream, mayonnaise, tarragon, and parsley.
- Pour dressing over the chicken mixture; toss gently to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.