Recipe by Divinemom5
A dear friend works at a winery in Napa,Ca.,and has been sharing recipes that the chef develops.This is one of my favorites. Reccomended wines: Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris,and Zinfandal.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, slice
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated cheese, , cheddar,jack or combination
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced roasted green chilies
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place chicken,chopped onion,celery,garlic slices and peppercorns in medium saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and cool slightly,Shred chicken.
- Toss tortilla strips and oil in large bowl.
- Arrange on baking sheet and bake until crisp (about 10 minutes) Let cool slightly.
- Transfer chicken to large bowl.
- Add tortilla strips,cheese and chilis.
- Stir to coat well.
- Pour into 8x8 baking pan.
- Combine sour cream,green onion,cilantro and garlic.
- Mix well.
- Spread sour cream mixture over chicken.
- Bake until cheese melts,about 20 minutes.