weekend cooker's Note:
a great one-dish dinner , the dumplings are wonderful. Instead of biscuit dough for the dumplings, I use tortilla strips.Just takes a little time adding the tortilla strips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a very large kettle, or roaster, place chicken breasts, water, celery, and onion. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove and set aside to cool.
- 2Reserve broth in roaster(you should have about 9 cups of broth>).
- 3Add chicken bouillon and taste to make sure it is tasty.
- 4Add more bouillon if needed and more water if you do not have 9 cups of broth.
- 5When chicken is cool enough, cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- 6Add chicken soup to broth and bring to a boil.
- 7Cut tortillas into 2x1 inch strips. Add strips, one at a time, to briskly boiling broth mixture and stir constantly.
- 8When all strips have been added, spoon in chicken, reduce heat to low and simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring well but gently, to prevent dumplings from sticking.
- 9When done, kettle of chicken and dumplings will be very thick.
- 10Pour into very large serving bowl, and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Tortilla Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.0
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 1029.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 36.4 g