Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pressure cooker recipe
Make and share this Chicken and Tortellini With Parmesan Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 slices bacon, cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onions or 4 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small carrot, sliced thin
- 8 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons flour or 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (plus extra to serve)
- In pressure cooker, saute bacon for 2 minutes. Add butter, onions and parsley. Saute 2 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in chicken, carrot, tortellini,mushrooms (optional) and tarragon. Add broth and mix well. Secure lid. Over high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Reduce heat and maintain pressure and cook for 6 minutes. Release pressure and remove lid.
- Stir in asparagus. Over high heat, develop steam to med-high pressure and cook for 2 more minutes. Release pressure and remove lid.
- Combine milk, butter, 1/3 cup cheese in a bowl and blend thoroughly. Gradually add to chicken and tortellini mixture, gently stirring over medium heat until sauce thickens and becomes creamy.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with additional cheese.
The bacon taste was a bit strong for me, next time I think I'll cut down, but otherwise it was very delish. We'll definitely make this again.
I was really hoping for a more creamy sauce and more flavor. This was way too much work and way too expensive for the lack of flavor, just all around bad and I followed the recipe to a T. I will not be making this again.
Also I feel like the recipe should state DRY tortelloni, as someone that has been cooking for a very long time 21 years now, I figured it out, but a novice would not have known that.
Fabulous recipe. I was able to finally replace my electronic pressure cooker so I'm on the hunt again for good/great cooker recipes. I enjoyed the subtle, yet somewhat savory, flavour of the tarragon/parsley. We don't like real rich dishes so this was perfect with the broth/cream combination. As always I sub'd yogurt for the milk/cream & cut back the butter considerably. For the onion we used some green ones along with chopped leeks. Did 1 3/4 lb chicken breasts & it was a good balance between pasta/vegys & meat for us. Thanks so much for sharing.