Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pressure cooker recipe
Make and share this Chicken and Tortellini With Parmesan Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 slices bacon, cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onions or 4 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small carrot, sliced thin
- 8 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons flour or 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (plus extra to serve)
- In pressure cooker, saute bacon for 2 minutes. Add butter, onions and parsley. Saute 2 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in chicken, carrot, tortellini,mushrooms (optional) and tarragon. Add broth and mix well. Secure lid. Over high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Reduce heat and maintain pressure and cook for 6 minutes. Release pressure and remove lid.
- Stir in asparagus. Over high heat, develop steam to med-high pressure and cook for 2 more minutes. Release pressure and remove lid.
- Combine milk, butter, 1/3 cup cheese in a bowl and blend thoroughly. Gradually add to chicken and tortellini mixture, gently stirring over medium heat until sauce thickens and becomes creamy.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with additional cheese.