Pressure cooker recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon, cut in pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onions or 4 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small carrot, sliced thin
- 8 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons flour or 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (plus extra to serve)
- 1In pressure cooker, saute bacon for 2 minutes. Add butter, onions and parsley. Saute 2 minutes, stirring.
- 2Stir in chicken, carrot, tortellini,mushrooms (optional) and tarragon. Add broth and mix well. Secure lid. Over high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Reduce heat and maintain pressure and cook for 6 minutes. Release pressure and remove lid.
- 3Stir in asparagus. Over high heat, develop steam to med-high pressure and cook for 2 more minutes. Release pressure and remove lid.
- 4Combine milk, butter, 1/3 cup cheese in a bowl and blend thoroughly. Gradually add to chicken and tortellini mixture, gently stirring over medium heat until sauce thickens and becomes creamy.
- 5Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with additional cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Tortellini With Parmesan Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.4
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 109.5 mg
- Sodium 799.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 28.6 g