Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Children and adults love this simple-to-make Spring dinner salad. I made several changes to the original recipe which was printed in Bon Appetit (May, 1983).
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and cut up in bite-size pieces
- 2 cups green seedless grapes
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 12 -15 spinach leaves, stems trimmed and torn into pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut diagonally into small pieces
- 1 lb frozen cheese-filled egg tortellini, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 -2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- spinach leaves (optional) or oranges (optional) or tangerines, sections (optional) or sliced strawberry, for garnish (optional)
- Combine first 11 ingredients (chicken through green onion) in large salad bowl; toss.
- Mix mayonnaise, Parmesan and orange juice in small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add optional garnish of orange sections and/or strawberry slices.
- If desired, serve on trimmed spinach leaves.