Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's an easy and tasty one dish meal for those busy folks out there... add hot rolls and it's dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic, , undrained (, undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 package refrigerated cheese-filled egg tortellini
- Heat oil in frying pan over med high heat.
- Add chicken, onion, and peppers, cook and stir until chicken is browned.
- Add water, tomatoes, and tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini, making sure that tomato mixture covers it completely.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir frequently during cooking.
This was really tasty. I omitted the green peppers for personal preference and used red pepper instead - I find them to be milder. This one is a keeper!
We all liked this and it was easy to make. I used diced tomatoes w/Italian seasoning, instead of the garlic type. Also threw in a diced zucchini and some leftover fresh spinach that I had on hand.And I used a pack of chicken tenderloins, instead of breast meat. No leftovers with this one! Thanks!