Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Simple, tasty, and quick to the table.
Top Review by vrvrvr
We thought this was delicious! Instead of the cup of Havarti cheese I put in 1/4 c. of heavy cream. I don't think the flavor or texture suffered at all. The sauce was thin when first poured over the penne, but it thickened nicely as we served, and it tasted great. For the tomatoes, I used a can of petite diced tomatoes and pureed them with an immersion blender. We would love to have this dinner again!
- 411.06 g cancrushed tomatoes in puree
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 2.46 ml salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 236.59 ml grated havarti cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 226.79 g penne, cooked and drained