Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My favorite very low calorie-no fat terrine, very pretty too. 1 serving is one point WW. Great, easy recipe, good for buffets and parties. Also do with turkey breast. The original name on this recipe was 'paté' which I think is misleading, so I'm changing the name to 'terrine', which suits it better. I think this also confused its one reviewer. Try it--such a good, light recipe!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line standard loaf pan with foil, spray with Pam Sprinkle parsley in the bottom of pan.
- Cut breasts in small pieces, process in food processor until ground.
- Add reamining ingreadients except red pepper and process until smooth.
- Mix chicken mixture and chopped red pepper, spread in pan.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, bake 1 hour, remove foil, bake another 20-30 minutes or until 180° Cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Invert pan onto platter and cut into slices.
Kasha the appearance is lovely and it has a quiet subtle flavor, a little light for my taste buds but still a very pleasant taste. I followed instructions exactly but it came out like a meat loaf not a pate. After I chopped the red peppers I let them drain on paper towels so the juice would not discolor the chicken. The result was a lovely pale loaf spotted with flecks of red - very nice The loaf pan that I baked it in was 4 1/2 " x 9" x 3"deep and it took 2 hours and 15 minutes to reach 180F. It didn't burn or dry out but was 45 minutes longer than suggested time. I know my oven temp is accurate because I test it from time to time. This will still make a lovely appetizer as I will cut the loaf into cubes put them on toothpicks and serve with a spicy dipping sauce so there will be a choice of mild flavored or spicy. I have cut it into slices vacuum sealed the slices and put them in the freezer. I have already tested a slice . I defrosted - cut into cubes and warmed them in a 375 oven for 10 minutes - excellent result. I would have rated the recipe higher but for the difference in baking time and that it is a heavy loaf end result .
Bergy--I just stuck a leftover chunk of this in the freezer last week, but have not unfroze it. I think it will work, I hope so.