Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very easy recipe to make. The mushrooms, chicken cubes, creamy sauce and Parmesan cheese mixed with spaghetti noodles makes for a great dinner. My whole family loves it and asks for it often. This recipe is from my My Great Recipes card file.
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne or 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta "al dente" according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a saucepan. Add flour. Cook for a few mins., stirring. Add pepper and salt, and slowly stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in cream, chicken, and cheese.
- Heat butter and lemon juice in skillet. Saute' mushrooms until juice cooks off, about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Combine with the cream mixture. Place half in shallow baking dish. Spread mushrooms over pasta, reserving some for garnish. Top with remainder.
- Sprinkle with cheese and reserved mushrooms.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
This was really good! The only thing I left out was the mushrooms and everyone loved it. Thanks!