Recipe by Amy - Ellie's Mommie
A thrown together desperation dinner. You could substitute cream of chicken soup, or any cream of whatever soup with good results, I'm sure.
Top Review by Misa
Excellent! Subbed cream of celery since the DH can't take mushrooms. I didn't have any of the plain yogurt in the house, so I used 3/8 C low-fat sour cream and 3/8 C light mayo with great results. Definitely a keeper.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄4 lbs frozen frozen tater tots
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream (Daisy brand is the best)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (Hellmann's is my favorite)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (regular or 2% is fine)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together soup, onion, cheese, sour cream, yogurt and mayonnaise.
- In a 13 x 9 glass baking dish, place strips of chicken and tater tots.
- Spoon soup mixture over top and mix well.
- Cover with foil.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 30-45 minutes.