Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A thrown together desperation dinner. You could substitute cream of chicken soup, or any cream of whatever soup with good results, I'm sure.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄4 lbs frozen frozen tater tots
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream (Daisy brand is the best)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (Hellmann's is my favorite)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (regular or 2% is fine)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- In a medium bowl, mix together soup, onion, cheese, sour cream, yogurt and mayonnaise.
- In a 13 x 9 glass baking dish, place strips of chicken and tater tots.
- Spoon soup mixture over top and mix well.
- Cover with foil.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 30-45 minutes.
Excellent! Subbed cream of celery since the DH can't take mushrooms. I didn't have any of the plain yogurt in the house, so I used 3/8 C low-fat sour cream and 3/8 C light mayo with great results. Definitely a keeper.
This recipe is high in sodium. I will not be able to make this recipe.
This is a very easy dish to make. I'm a pretty hesitant baker (more confident on the stove than in the oven) so I was nervous about this, but it was easy and SO good. My husband and I both had to have seconds. Though for our family it serves 8, not 6. Also, in the directions it didn't say to add the ranch mix, but I added in the soup mix as I assume that is the right way of it.