I sort of neglected my garden since its my first and I didn't do very well at maintaining it. Yesterday I went out and had a whole mess of Swiss chard that was growing like a house-a-fire! This recipe comes from "Bon Appetit" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3/4 cup israeli couscous (the big ones)
- 3/4 cup carrot, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 bunch swiss chard, center ribs and tough stems removed and leaves torn
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, thinly sliced
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 1In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium high heat; add chicken and garlic, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- 2Transfer chicken to a plate and let cool; once cool, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- 3Meanwhile, return the broth to a boil and add the couscous; cook this until al dente, 7 to 8 minutes.
- 4Add in the carrots and boil until crisp tender, and couscous is tender, 2-3 minutes.
- 5Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the Swiss chard and the shredded chicken; season wth salt and pepper.
- 6Divide the soup among serving bowls, garnish with dill and chives; squeeze some lemon over each bowl, or let your diners squeeze their own.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Swiss Chard With Couscous in Broth
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 1340.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 35.1 g