Recipe by Bollidear
A really simple Chinese Restaurant favourite that you can throw together in minutes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 100 g chicken breasts, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cm fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 600 ml hot chicken stock
- 100 g fresh sweetcorn
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 spring onions (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and gently cook chicken, ginger and garlic for 3-4 minutes without browning.
- Blend cornflour with a little of the stock and add to pan with all the remaining stock and sweetcorn.
- Bring to boil, stir continuously and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Beat egg and lemon juice together and slowly trickle into the soup pan stirring with a fork or chopstick to form the egg strands.
- Season to taste, add spring onions and drizzle of soy sauce.