Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Try this version of popular chicken and sweetcorn soup - originally from the southwest of China...
Make and share this Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 inch piece gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot chicken stock
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sweetcorn
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- scallion, shredded, to garnish
- dark soy sauce
- shrimp crackers, to serve
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and gently cook the chicken, garlic and ginger for 3-4 minutes without colouring.
- Blend the cornstarch with a little stock and add to the soup pan with the remaining stock and the sweetcorn. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously and simmer gently for 5-7 minutes
- Beat together the egg and lemon juice and slowly trickle into the soup pan, stirring with a chopstick or fork to form egg strands. Season to taste, garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds, and serve with a drizzle of soy sauce and some prawn crackers.
This was good. I liked the use of ordinary sweetcorn rather than creamed corn which is difficult to find where I am. I think I stirred a little too quickly when adding the egg as I got more of a cloudy effect than the threads... so I will slow down next time!