Very easy to make, but prepare everything before cooking as it takes about 10 - 15 minutes once the water starts boiling. Can adjust water content and meat quantities as desired.
- Boil water.
- Add creamed style corn and add the dissolved chicken stock and stir.
- Once it is just about to boil, add the chicken pieces and simmer for 5 minutes to cook the chicken.
- Bring back to the boil.
- Take the soup off the element and let it cool for 15 seconds.
- Slowly add the beaten egg in a thin stream whilst stirring all the time.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with spring onions.
Excellent soup and easy to make. I added a few slithers of pickled ginger as well as fresh corriander which inhanced the flavours. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Just like the real thing although a bit watery for me but I think that was my fault! Going to try again though.
Made this last week. Was quick and very tasty.