Recipe by piglips
Very easy to make, but prepare everything before cooking as it takes about 10 - 15 minutes once the water starts boiling. Can adjust water content and meat quantities as desired.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn (from Indian or Chinese grocers)
- 500 ml water
- 1⁄2 chicken stock cube, dissolved in small amount water
- 200 -300 g skinless chicken pieces (can substitute surimi fish sticks, crab meat, fish, etc)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water.
- Add creamed style corn and add the dissolved chicken stock and stir.
- Once it is just about to boil, add the chicken pieces and simmer for 5 minutes to cook the chicken.
- Bring back to the boil.
- Take the soup off the element and let it cool for 15 seconds.
- Slowly add the beaten egg in a thin stream whilst stirring all the time.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with spring onions.