Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adopted ricpe.This is a nice combination of flavors. You could cut down the amount of brown sugar if you don't like your sweet potatoes very sweet. It would still be good.You could probably cut out the butter too if you wanted. I always make my sweet potatoes with butter so that's why I used it.Prep time does not include the time it takes to cook the chicken and sweet potatoes.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, cooked sweet potatoe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, Ground
- 1⁄3 cup skim evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts (Drained, sliced.)
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup or 10 ounces chicken flavored white sauce
- 3 cups chicken, Cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium size bowl, combine sweet potatoes, brown sugar,butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and evaporated milk.
- Spread around the inside edge of a round 10 in. casserole, forming a ring.
- In a medium size non stick skillet, heat broth over low heat.
- Add onion and water chestnuts; cook until tender.
- Add soup or sauce, chicken and 3 tablespoons water; cook over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon chicken mixture into center of sweet potato ring in casserole.
- Bake uncovered, 30 min or until bubbling.
This was just okay. I thought it had such a weird mix of flavors, it just did not seem to fit together welll. I followed the recipe exactly other than leaving out water chesnuts. The sweet potato part was very good on its own, but overall we will not be using this again. Thanks!
Hey, this is really yummy! I made it with chicken but it would be good with turkey as well. I may have used less than 8 Tbsp. of brown sugar...I just kind of threw it in till the sweet potatoes tasted sweet enough. My boyfriend loved it. It's good as leftovers too.
oops I forgot to post my review of this after I posted a picture. Excellant flavor! We were quite impressed with the outcome. A nice twist with sweet patatoes. I hope the picture shows how good this recipe is! This rating should be alot higher than 5 stars!