Recipe by GothicGranola
A wonderful sounding low-fat stew from Pillsbury's Best Chicken Recipes cookbook. Must try for the fall season!
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-in pieces
- 14.79 ml oil
- 1 medium onion, quartered, sliced
- 354.88 ml apple juice or 354.88 ml apple cider
- 473.18 ml cubed peeled sweet potatoes (1/2-in)
- 2 (822.13 g) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained, cut up
- 4.92 ml dried basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In large plastic bag, combine flour and garlic salt. Add the chicken and shake until coated.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes, or until just browned. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add onion to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes until tender; adding some apple juice if necessary to prevent sticking. Stir in remaining apple juice, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, basil and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken in no longer pink and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.