1/1 Photo of Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
A wonderful sounding low-fat stew from Pillsbury's Best Chicken Recipes cookbook. Must try for the fall season!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-in pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, quartered, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice or 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (1/2-in)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1In large plastic bag, combine flour and garlic salt. Add the chicken and shake until coated.
- 2Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes, or until just browned. Remove chicken from skillet.
- 3Add onion to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes until tender; adding some apple juice if necessary to prevent sticking. Stir in remaining apple juice, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, basil and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken in no longer pink and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 165.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g