Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can make this as mild or as spicy as you like by adjusting the spices to your liking. We like it on the spicier side with plenty of ginger.
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 44.37-88.74 ml chopped fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 14.79-22.18 ml curry powder
- 7.39 ml chili paste (optional)
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size cubes
- 283.49 g package frozen okra, thawed
- 680.38 g chicken breasts, cut into bite size strips
- 314.66 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml coconut milk
- In a food processor combine onions, ginger, garlic, curry powder,chili paste and 1/3 cup chicken broth, blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven (approximately 5-quart pot) sauté onion mixture, stirring frequently until just starting to change color.
- Add sweet potatoes, okra and 1 Cup of chicken broth with 2 cups coconut milk. Bring to just where you start to see bubbles, reduce to a medium/low heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender,9 to 12 minutes. Stir in chicken strips, cook until just opaque throughout, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.