Recipe by Jim W
You can make this as mild or as spicy as you like by adjusting the spices to your liking. We like it on the spicier side with plenty of ginger.
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 44.37-88.74 ml chopped fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 14.79-22.18 ml curry powder
- 7.39 ml chili paste (optional)
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size cubes
- 283.49 g package frozen okra, thawed
- 680.38 g chicken breasts, cut into bite size strips
- 314.66 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor combine onions, ginger, garlic, curry powder,chili paste and 1/3 cup chicken broth, blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven (approximately 5-quart pot) sauté onion mixture, stirring frequently until just starting to change color.
- Add sweet potatoes, okra and 1 Cup of chicken broth with 2 cups coconut milk. Bring to just where you start to see bubbles, reduce to a medium/low heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender,9 to 12 minutes. Stir in chicken strips, cook until just opaque throughout, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.