Recipe by Jim W
You can make this as mild or as spicy as you like by adjusting the spices to your liking. We like it on the spicier side with plenty of ginger.
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 -6 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili paste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite size strips
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor combine onions, ginger, garlic, curry powder,chili paste and 1/3 cup chicken broth, blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven (approximately 5-quart pot) sauté onion mixture, stirring frequently until just starting to change color.
- Add sweet potatoes, okra and 1 Cup of chicken broth with 2 cups coconut milk. Bring to just where you start to see bubbles, reduce to a medium/low heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender,9 to 12 minutes. Stir in chicken strips, cook until just opaque throughout, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.