Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
From BC Best Chicken Cookbook.
Make and share this Chicken and Sweet Potato Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 to 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 fresh mild chile, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- In a heavy-duty plastic zip-lock bag, add the flour, curry powder, and salt; shake to mix.
- Add in the chicken; seal bag, shake until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chicken; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Stir any remaining flour mixture into the apple juice.
- Add apple juice, sweet potatoes, and chili to the chicken; stir.
- Cover and cook 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender.
- Stir in jelly until melted.
- Serve over hot cooked couscous.
Curry is definitely one of my favorite seasonings! I love trying new recipes and this one caught my eye. The only change I made was adding a little chili powder instead of an actual chili. Delicious with couscous!
Delicious! I like softer potatoes so I let my sweet potatoes and chicken simmer for about 40 minutes instead of the 15. I liked adding the apple jelly and apple juice also, it helped the potatoes keep their sweetness and balanced out the chile.
I make this quite often, it is a family favorite.