Recipe by Evie*
Lovely with a green salad
Top Review by canarygirl
So easy and delicious! Quick and easy! I cut the recipe in half, since it was for my 2 little ones and me, and I still got 18 croquettes...I guess I make them smaller! ;-) I loved the kick of the cajun seasoning--I think next time I'll make them with sharp cheddar. Fabulous recipe Evie*! Thanks for posting it!
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 40 g butter, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup packaged dry breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil both potatoes together until tender, drain into large bowl and mash.
- Stir in onions, seasoning, cheese, butter and chicken; mix well.
- Shape mixture into 18 croquettes.
- Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Toss croquettes in flour, shake away excess.
- Dip croquettes in eggs, then crumbs.
- Shallow-fry croquettes in batches, in hot oil until browned; drain on absorbent paper.