1/2 Photos of Chicken and Sweet Potato Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Source: Super Food Ideas - November 2006, Page 70 Recipe by Kirrily La Rosa
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, large, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillet, halved crossways
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs lemon thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons mustard, wholegrain
- 400 g sweet potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1Caramelised onions: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over low heat. Add onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until soft. Add brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove to a plate.
- 3Add fennel, thyme and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add wine and mustard. Cook for 3 minutes. Add sweet potato and stock. Bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Add cream. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes (do not return to the boil as sauce might spit). Stir in caramelised onions. Serve.
- 6To freeze: Allow to cool for 1 hour. Spoon into a 4 cup-capacity airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- 7To reheat: Thaw in the fridge for 24 hours. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) for 15 to 18 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.0
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 250.0 mg
- Sodium 489.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 54.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: