Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was pleasantly surprised when I made this the first time and this recipe has made it into my favorites book. The flavor the orange peel adds is wonderful. For those on a gluten free diet this is a great choice for dinner!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut in small pieces
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In small bowl mix ginger, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Sprinkle on both sides of chicken breasts and place in baking dish.
- Place sweet potatoes around chicken.
- Sprinkle any remaining mixture over chicken and potatoes.
- Distribute orange peel over everything, then pour apple juice over all.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
My kids LOVE this meal!. I make a few changes but it comes out great. We make the recipe with double the spices and I cut the chicken in strips. We add miracle whip to dip in and it taste great!
Sweet potatoes were dry and tasteless and the chicken was just watery tasting. Preahps I should have left it covered as it baked?
This was very good, the chicken had great flavor! Easy to make too :-)