Recipe by Chef Shez
I've been working on this recipe for a while. I wanted it to taste like the one you get from Chinese restaurants. So after a few months of adding ingredients I think I've nailed it on the head. It tastes just like the one from an authentic Chinese restaurant.
Top Review by sixtiesrule
I joined up just to review this recipe.<br/>Have tried a few various chicken &s weet corn soups, but this was perfect!<br/>(although I did have to double the cornflour)<br/>But it was so authentic - hubby, fussy little fella that he is, went back for 2nds & 3rds!
- 2 (420 g) cans corn kernels
- 2 (420 g) cans creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cooked barbecued chicken, shredded
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped (shallots)
- 3 liters chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add the spring onions,ginger and cook until softened. Add the corn kernels, chicken stock, rice wine and soy sauce. Bring to the boil, slowly. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes Add the shredded chicken.
- In a small bowl, blend the cornflour with 6 tbs of cold water or stock. Add to the soup with the sesame oil, stirring until thickened slightly.
- Stir in creamed corn and simmer for 2-3 minutes Add beaten egg slowly, whilst stirring the soup then take it off the heat.
- Serve hot with toast if preferred.