Adapted from the Culinary Institute of America. A family favorite that I have tweaked for our tastes. A great light summer supper!! This is also very tasty with shrimp in lieu of the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed of stem ends and strings
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 14 1/2 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon, zest of
- 1In a nonstick skillet, heat 1/3 of oil over high heat.
- 2Add peas and stir fry until bright green, 2-3 minutes.
- 3Remove from pan and set aside in bowl.
- 4Place flour in shallow pan.
- 5Cut chicken into 1x2 inch strips or bite size pieces (strictly preference here), season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- 6Discard leftover flour.
- 7In same skillet, heat remaining oil over high heat.
- 8Add chicken and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- 9Transfer chicken to bowl with peas.
- 10Add chicken broth and garlic to skillet and cook until reduced by half, about 5-7 minutes.
- 11Reduce heat to medium and return chicken and peas to skillet.
- 12Cook until just heated through.
- 13Add parsley, juice and zest.
- 14Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 15Substitution Suggestions: I use a bag of frozen sugar snaps, or a bag of frozen stir fry veggies.
- 16Any of your favorite veggies would do.
- 17This also goes well with rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Sugar Snap Pea Saute
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.1
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 253.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 31.2 g