Recipe by Michelle S.
A former coworker named Maggie brought this delicious casserole to work one day. One bite and I was hooked! Definitely not low cal, but true comfort food!
Top Review by The Giggle Box
Overall we enjoyed this. I had some trouble finding the right ingredients. I could not find the right stuffing so I used a box of Garlic and herb instead. Also, this box of stuffing did not have a seperate packet with seasoning. Other than that, I didn't have any problems. However, when I was making this, I couldn't figure out why I needed to cook the chicken first - it's supposed to be in the oven for an hour, that should be enough time to cook it, right? Well, after cooking it I understand now. Instead of being a casserole that has a liquid goopey center, it kind of...solidifies with the stuffing - and if the chicken isn't cooked it might contribute juices that would make it all too mushy. Thank you for sharing this Michelle!
- 1 (8 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix (Long grain and wild rice flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a 13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 of the package of dry stuffing mix.
- Evenly sprinkle chicken over stuffing.
- Mix sour cream, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and the seasonings from stuffing mix.
- Pour evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining dry stuffing mix.
- Bake for 1 hour, uncovered.