Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
the church I went to as a kid was full of moms who loved to cook hearty, midwestern meals that didn't give a thought to carb content. thank god there was a church cookbook that I was able to take with me when I migrated to the east coast. this was one of my favorite recipes growing up -- it would make Atkins blush like a little girl.
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4)
- 4-5 slice swiss cheese (I like to have a little more on hand though since I love to use extra cheese)
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 113.39 g jar pimiento, chopped
- 177.44 ml of melted unsalted butter
- 591.47 ml Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place chicken in greased 9' sq. inch baking dish; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cover well with Swiss cheese.
- Combine soup, wine, and pimiento. Pour over chicken and cheese.
- Mix melted margarine with stuffing mix and sprinkle over top. Bake, covered, for 1 hour at 350°F.