Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I LOVE stuffing, and this recipe is simple and delicious.
Top Review by LLandrum
This is a family favorite! I cubed the chicken into bite sized pieces. I also found that there wasn't quite enough stuffing to cover the dish, so I used 2 boxes of stuffing instead. Very good and super easy.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (I cut them in half so they aren't so thick. Chicken tenders also work very well with this recipe.)
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 2⁄3 cups chicken broth (water can be used instead)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix contents of vegetable/seasoning packet from the stuffing mix, stuffing crumbs and 1-2/3 cup chicken (or vegetable) broth, set aside.
- Arrange uncooked chicken in 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Scatter mushrooms over chicken.
- Mix soup, cheese and sour cream; pour over chicken.
- Top with the set-aside stuffing mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.