Oh My, this is Good!! My family liked this one! It reminded us of a Thanksgiving Dinner. A rotisserie chicken makes this casserole easier. Stove Top Stuffing with lower sodium is best to use. Juicy delicious and don't forget the cranberry sauce as a side!
- Forget the amounts in the instructions on the stuffing box. (The extra 1/4 cup of water is needed to retain moisture when baked.).
- Boil 1 3/4 cups of water. Add 4 tablespoons of butter. Stir in packet of stuffing mix and cover. Immediately remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut cooked chicken into small pieces. In a 9 x 11 baking dish, place chicken pieces on bottom.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream and milk. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle stuffing mixture over top.
- Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve with cranberry sauce and enjoy!