Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was modified from a Stove Top Stuffing Recipe I found recently. Great for the nights you don't have time to cook. Just mix and pop in the oven. A tasty, one dish meal! Reduced fat soups may be substituted.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- seasoned stuffing mix (any flavor)
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot water
- 10 ounces frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 (26 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup or 1 (26 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup French-fried onions (optional)
- Mix together stuffing packet and water just until moistened; set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1-2 inch serving size pieces and arrange in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
- Blend together the undiluted can of soup, green beans and onions.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Spoon stuffing mixture on top.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Very easy, good, and quick recipe. I was short on time and energy so I was glad I found it and had everything on hand. I did not read the instruction thoroughly and mixed frozen green beans with 1 small can Cream of chicken with herbs soup and equal amount of milk. Still came out tasty. The only thing I would change next time is double the amount of my stuffing. The amount in the recipe is not specified and I used a 6oz box, and I would have like to have more. I served it with mashed potatoes. Thank you, Sharon!
Very good. I would make again and add potatoes next time. The cream of chicken with the stuffing was excellent.