Recipe by LAURIE
Sweet and savory, great combo of flavors bursting on your taste buds!!!
Top Review by Ms*Bindy
I stumbled upon this recipe tonight as I looked through the slim selections in my fridge. I really hit the jackpot with this recipe. Today was our first hot day of the year, and this salad was perfect. I used the honey poppyseed dressing from recipe 213485 and together the salad and dressing were bliss. I didn't have a nectarine, so had to skip that and had to sub slivered almonds for the pecans. I really liked the cinnamon almonds. They added so much to this salad. I never would have thought to use the cinnamon. Thanks for such a great dinner tonight.
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups spinach, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups strawberry slices
- 2 cups nectarines, slices
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seed salad dressing (bottled or homemade)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small heavy saucepan or skillet, melt butter.
- Add pecans; saute 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon; mix well.
- Continue cooking 2 minutes more.
- Cool on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, fruit and chicken.
- Place on four salad plates.
- Top with pecans.
- Serve with poppy seed dressing.