Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great main-dish salad--great for the early summer months when you can get the best strawberries. Sure to impress.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 3 quarts mixed salad greens, rnsed and crisped
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- In a wide nonstick frying pan, stir almonds over medium heat just until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Pour out of pan and set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In small bowl, mix tarragon, garlic and oil; rub all over chicken to coat evenly.
- Place frying pan over medium heat; when hot, add chicken and cook, turning once, until meat in thickest part is no longer pink (cut to test), 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and poppy seeds; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix, strawberries, and half the dressing; mix lightly to coat with dressing.
- Divide salad among dinner plates.
- Cut chicken on the diagonal into wide strips; set chicken alongside or on top of salad.
- Drizzle chicken with remaining dressing, then sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Even tho I forgot the almonds, this was so good. Used 1 breast for the two of us and all spinach. Loved the dressing. Will make this one always.
This was just lovely! I also used non-fat mayo and Splenda in place of the sugar. I added extra lemon juice because I like it, and made the dressing go farther...because my salad was HUGE. Lots of greens, added diced cucumbers and sugar snap peas, and I used turkey breast meat instead of chicken. This was a wonderful main dish salad that I will make again and again!
With the year round availability of strawberries decided to try this as a delicious treat in the midst of January's chill. To make this dish consistent with WW Core, I used a combination of fat free mayo and sour cream in lieu of the regular stuff. Really liked the lemon in the dressing as it was perfectly tart without being sour. Did find the amount of sugar was too much and sort of overpowered the nice combination of lemon in the dressing, the tarragon on the chicken and the strawberries. Since this is truly a to taste issue, suggest starting with a little bit less than the stated amount and adding the rest to taste. Also dressing was a bit thick (my mix does emulate the consistency of the real stuff) and added a little milk to make it easier to dress he salad. Thanks!