Recipe by Sharlene~W
A great main-dish salad--great for the early summer months when you can get the best strawberries. Sure to impress.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 3 quarts mixed salad greens, rnsed and crisped
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wide nonstick frying pan, stir almonds over medium heat just until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Pour out of pan and set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In small bowl, mix tarragon, garlic and oil; rub all over chicken to coat evenly.
- Place frying pan over medium heat; when hot, add chicken and cook, turning once, until meat in thickest part is no longer pink (cut to test), 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and poppy seeds; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix, strawberries, and half the dressing; mix lightly to coat with dressing.
- Divide salad among dinner plates.
- Cut chicken on the diagonal into wide strips; set chicken alongside or on top of salad.
- Drizzle chicken with remaining dressing, then sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.