1/5 Photos of Chicken and Strawberry Salad
A great main-dish salad--great for the early summer months when you can get the best strawberries. Sure to impress.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 3 quarts mixed salad greens, rnsed and crisped
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1In a wide nonstick frying pan, stir almonds over medium heat just until golden, about 4 minutes.
- 2Pour out of pan and set aside.
- 3Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 4In small bowl, mix tarragon, garlic and oil; rub all over chicken to coat evenly.
- 5Place frying pan over medium heat; when hot, add chicken and cook, turning once, until meat in thickest part is no longer pink (cut to test), 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and poppy seeds; mix well.
- 7In a large bowl, combine salad mix, strawberries, and half the dressing; mix lightly to coat with dressing.
- 8Divide salad among dinner plates.
- 9Cut chicken on the diagonal into wide strips; set chicken alongside or on top of salad.
- 10Drizzle chicken with remaining dressing, then sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Strawberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.5
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 321.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens