Recipe by Elizabeth Fullerton
Homemade chicken noodle soup. Young children can manage the stars better than regular noodles.
Top Review by Alexi's Mom
The taste of this soup was very good. I did not add enough water so it came out a little mushy. My DH didn't think so but I will add more water next time. The only thing I changed was that I used garlic powder instead of cloves
- 1⁄2 lb chicken, with bone and skin
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, bruised
- 8 ounces star shaped pasta
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stock pot, place chicken, carrots, garlic, onion and celery; cover with water.
- Boil for thirty to forty minutes, remove chicken from pot.
- Allow chicken to cool (very important unless you like burnt fingers) remove skin and bones, then chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add chicken back to soup, add parsley, pasta, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer until noodles are cooked.
- You may need to add water to keep soup soupy after pasta has cooked.
- Use your own judgment.