Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion (about 5 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup julienne-cut carrot (or shredded carrots)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup frozen small cheese-filled tortellini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- In a 4 1/2- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over med-high heat.
- Cook onions, carrots, and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are softened.
- Stir in broth and chicken; heat to boiling.
- Stir in tortellini; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover; cook 3-5 minutes or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in nutmeg, pepper, and spinach.
- Cover ; cook 2-3 minutes or until spinach is hot; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.