Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was origninally a Bick's recipe which called for 2/3 cup of Bick's onion relish, however, since I never have onion relish on hand I've changed the recipe to use a chopped onion instead. It's really good soup and pretty healthy too!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup pasta shells
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans
- grated parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Cook chicken, onion and garlic.
- Add next 6 ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and beans, cook 10 minutes longer.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.