Recipe by heather in Ont,
Quick, easy and delicious. The recipe calls for 4 garlic cloves, but I only added 2 and should have added 3-4 cloves. I also added more parmesan because of preference. This is a hit with the kids. My friend Kathy sent me this recipe and now I am indebted to her forever.
Top Review by katt3439
This pasta was amazing. I followed the recipe rather closely but added more cheese at the end as a personal preference. I think I even enjoyed it more as leftovers. Will make again.
- 10 ounces rigatoni pasta (uncooked)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions and drain.
- Place spinach on paper towel and squeeze until barely moist.
- Add oil to a large non stick skillet and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Add chicken and cook until it loses its pink colour, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes, uncovered stirring occasionally.
- Combine pasta, spinach, chicken mixture and 1/4 cup cheese in a bowl; stir well.
- Spoon into 13 X 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.