Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A filling, hearty quiche. I usually make this for supper but would be good for breakfast, brunch, or lunch.
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained very well
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese onto the bottom of the pastry shell; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken, 1/2 cup spinach, onion, and remaining cheese; stir to combine (this recipe only uses 1/2 cup spinach, so may save remaining for another use).
- Spoon mixture into pastry shell; spread evenly.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, milk, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Pour over the chicken/spinach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
I originally would have given this 4 stars as it was very yummy but not out of this world...BUT...I got peckish in the evening and had a slice of this quiche COLD and it became outstanding to me. Both times I have made this dish I have doubled the recipe (thereby using a full package of frozen spinach) and froze it for later. Very easy and delicious.
This is the best quiche recipes I've ever made. I started not to use mayo because I don't really care for it but I'm glad I did . The taste is great . It's a keeper!!
Best quiche I have ever had!