Recipe by Chef JDecember28
From the Kroger MyMagazine
Top Review by angiebroyles
This was really good, we loved it!! I made a homemade spinach walnut pesto and added 4 roasted red bell peppers, just because I love that flavor combination. Skipped the mozzarella in layers and just added it on top. Used cottage cheese in place of the ricotta and threw in some leftover silken tofu I had. All in all a great recipe that can be adjusted to your preferences!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 24 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons basil pesto
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350, spray a 13x9" casserole or lasagna pan with nonstick spray.
- Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat.
- Cook onions (Kroger Frozen Chopped) and garlic (pre-minced garlic) untill transparent.
- Add Spinach; cook and stir about 5 minute.
- Add chicken; cook and stir about 5 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, mix together ricotta, parmesan, egg, and pesto until thoroughly blended.
- Add chicken and spinach mixture to bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread 2 tbsp pesto in bottom of prepared pan.
- Layer 4 lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping.
- Top with 1/3 of spinach ricotta mixture and 1/3 of mozzarella.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Bake about 35 to 40 min or until hot and bubbly.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.